Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM Monday through Saturday 10:00 am - 7:30 PM Sunday
Prices: Unlimited Ride Wristbands $29.95 all Day or $19.95 after 5:00 pm
Location: Mall of America
Nickelodeon Universe is just one of the fun family attractions located at the Mall of America. The rides at this large indoor amusement park can be divided into three categories.
1. Thrill Rides
2. Family Rides
3. Junior Rides
There are also some extra attractions that are not included in the wristband. These include
1. Ropes Course - $6.00
2. Moose Mountain Adventure Golf - $5.00
3. Flying Dutchman Ghostly Gangplank - $4.00
They can be added onto the wristband at the prices listed.
Thrill Rides at Nickelodeon Universe
Just because this amusement park is inside don't be fooled. There are some great roller coasters and thrill rides. There are 9 rides classified as thrill rides and they each have a minimum height requirement of 42" or 48"
The Avatar Air Bender has riders swooping back and forth in a U shaped ride that reaches 70 feet. The cars riders are sitting in also spin randomly as the ride moves. Roller coaster lovers will not be disappointed. The Sponge Bob Square Pants Rock Bottom Plunge starts with an almost 90 degree drop, yes almost straight down. Other popular roller coasters include the Pepsi Orange Streak and Fairly Odd coaster. Less adventurous riders may want to start with the family roller coaster rides and work up to these thrill rides.
Family Rides at Nickelodeon Universe
The Log Chute is a very popular ride and many riders get very wet. There is a large hill at the bottom that can be a bit large for the youngest guests. The family may want to get an overview of the entire park by riding on the ferris wheel. There is also a traditional carousel for everyone to enjoy. The bumper cars are also very popular with all ages. For those families with young children they may also want to try some of the rides specifically designed for smaller guests.
Junior Rides at Nickelodeon Universe
Smaller guests can take their first roller coaster ride on Back at the Barnyard with Otis. This is a family friendly coaster that goes fast, but doesn't have any big hills or scary turns.
There are many other rides for these guests. Here is a short list:
· Backyardigans Swing Along
· Blues Skidoo - Similar to the Dumbo ride at Disney
· Balloon Race - Ride under a hot air balloon as you are lifted up
· Diego's Rescue Rider - A bus that rotates vertically in a circle
· Pineapple Poppers - a bouncy house shaped like a pineapple
· Wonder Pets Flyboat - guests are lifted up 20 feet and bounced up and down
Tips and Tricks
Nickelodeon Universe can be a great way to spend some fun time with the family. Here are some ideas to make your next visit more fun:
1. If kids are old enough to stay up until 10 go to the park after 5:00 pm - there are fewer people, the wristbands are less expensive and the mall amusement park rides are just as much fun
2. Bring cash - some of the vendors selling crafts and other items do not accept credit cards
3. Bring a towel to dry off after riding the Log Chute - or ride this last. The park is inside and air conditioned so it can be cold if you are wet.
4. If kids are too young to stay up late come early in the day, before crowds arrive
5. Get a pet tag made with your name and cell number on it and put it on your child's shoe. This will help park personnel find you if your child gets lost.
6. Go outside the park to eat in the mall. There is a bigger choice of food and the prices are less expensive.
7. Bathrooms are in the mall near each mall entrance. There are none in the park itself.
8. If you only have a short time to spend in the park and can go on a few rides purchase one of the point passes instead of a wristband.
Nickelodeon Universe is an extremely popular attraction for both tourists and locals. It is only one of the many fun family activities at the Mall of America and can be part of a larger exploration of the mall. A post for you to know more about mall rides for kids:http://bestonamusementparkrides.com/kiddie-mall-rides-for-sale/.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6473147
- Professional Amusement Park Rides for Sale Manufacturer
- Vintage Amusement Park Rides for Sale
- Indoor Playground Equipment for Sale
- Trampoline Park for Sale
- Amusement Park Carousel Rides for Sale
- Double Decker Carousel for Sale
- Carnival Carousel for Sale
- Mini Carousel Rides for Sale
- Miami Ride for Sale
- Happy Swing Ride for Sale
- New Amusement Rides for Sale
- Go Karts for Sale Manufacturer
- Gas Powered Go Karts for Sale – Cheap Price
- Amusement Park Bumper Cars for Sale
- New Bumper Cars for Sale
- Inflatable Bumper Cars for Sale
- Amusement Park Train Rides for Sale