Amusement parks are the destination of choice if you're looking for fun that will last all day with your family or group of friends. With some of the most exhilarating roller coasters, thrill rides for sale and water parks, amusement parks in New York are the perfect venue to have an invigorating fun-filled day. The roller coasters and thrill rides are designed to be equally fun for kids and older adults alike. Some amusement parks near New York City hold a number of entertaining events like firework displays and seasonal plays.
When you visit the various amusement parks in New York, such as Astroland Coney Island, The Great Escape or Darien Lake Theme Park Resort, you will find an assortment of rides.
• Roller Coasters: Most parks have anywhere from 2 to 15 roller coasters depending on the size of the park. Roller Coasters feature sharp curves, steep drops and inversion rides, such as the Cyclone at Astroland Coney Island.
• Thrill Rides: If you're going for bit of an adrenaline rush, then go for the thrill rides at The Great Escape. These thrill rides add more excitement to the roller coaster with extended inversions, abrupt vertical drops and unexpected turns.
• Water Rides: The water rides at Darien Lake Theme Park Resort are very popular during the summer months. The motion of water rides is gentler and shorter than the roller coaster's.
• Transport rides like trackless train: It takes guests from one area to another area in the park and may have an additional fee but it is an alternative to walking after a long day of fun.
Amusement parks near New York City generate their revenue through admission fees. In addition, they charge for parking, food, beverages and souvenir items. There are two admission options:
• Pay-as-you-go: Some of the smaller parks, such as Astroland Coney Island and Adventureland in Long Island, charge separately for each individual attraction or ride. The fees are based on the complexity and popularity of the rides http://bestonamusementparkrides.com/thrill-rides-for-sale/.
• Pay-once: For instance, when you go to Rye Playland in Long Island, visitors are charged once for the admission fee and are allowed to use all the rides available in the park through out the day.
Amusement parks in NY are the best weekend getaway if you're looking for a fun-filled day with your family and group of friends. Just pick your amusement park and have a blast all day!
Get additional information about Amusement Parks [http://bestonamusementparkrides.com/] in New York and find out about other fun activities in New York. Visit our website and discover fun things to do near NYC.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4065049